Received my contributor’s copy of the Ténèbres 2018 anthology which includes my story “Bridge over the Cunene” (translated as “Le son porte loin dans le veld” which translates as “Sound carries a long way over the veldt”).
I’m delighted with this one for a couple of reasons. In the first place, it’s my French début (hmm, that sounds vaguely dirty) and it’s also a nice hefty book, part of a long-running series. If you’re curious as to who else is within, I’ve included the complete ToC below:
- De fille en aiguille par Dola Rosselet
- Custer et les vampires par Boris & François Darnaudet
- D357 par Sophie Guizani
- Le smartphone de Bouddha par Claude Mamier
- Hans par Antoine Scala
- Collage par Jay Caselberg (Traduction : Sabine Sur)
- Le rêve du botaniste par Pascal Malosse
- La bande à Lazare par Stéphane Mouret
- La marche du temps par Stéphanie Lamache
- Divine laideur par Serena Gentilhomme
- Le son porte loin dans le veld par Gustavo Bondoni (Traduction : Céline Le Vu)
- Retour au foyer par Angela Slatter (Traduction : Audrey Favre)
- Pour un brin de muguet par Sophie Guizani
- Petite fille par Laurent Gautier-Le Goff
- Sur la bonne voie par Mike Jansen (Traduction : Mathieu Prioux)
- Sales gosses par Simon Boutreux
- Souvenirs au bord du lac par Michael Haynes (Traduction : Anne Escaffit)
- Les affres de la création par Stéphanie Lepage
- Le roi des rats par Joshua Chaplinsky (Traduction : Michèle Zachayus)
- Destins foudroyés par David Miserque
- L’envol par Dean Venetza
- Docteur Manchot par Guillaume Vaumartin
- Le pantin par Jérémie Vidal
- Calvaire par Steve Martins
- L’absence par Marie Latour
- La recette du bonheur par Erwan Bargain
- Auto… Stop par Marlène Charine
- Un sténopé de lumière par Julie C. Day (Traduction : Anne Escaffit
Good news? Sure, why not? My story “Northern Lights” sold to The New Accelerator, and has been published already–it’s free to read at this link.
Here’s some free fiction for you – I had a story in a contest at A Small Gang of Authors. It didn’t win, but you can read it for free here if you’re interested (search for my name or the story “Frozen Hearts”). There are also a bunch of other stories in there by talented people, so go on and give it a look. Link here.
The Best Indie Speculative Fiction antho, which includes my story “Pacific Wind” has been published – link here – and a wave to Alex Shvartsman and Vonnie Winslow Crist, who are in this one as well!
So, Tales from the Old Black Ambulance which, if funded, will contain my story “Caddy Man” is on Kickstarter. You can have a look in the link here! Nice cover, too…
I missed this one when it came out, so updating now: the Menagerie de Mythique anthology was released in June, and it contains a reprint of my story “New Hunting Grounds”. Always nice to discover a publication you’d missed!! Link here.
My story “Fresh Start” will be appearing in Fantasy Short Stories. I’m assuming it will be for the second volume so, for those of you who can’t wait, might I suggest buying the first, which also holds one of my stories (“Honor Among Thieves”)?
Very excited to announce that I am featured as the “Eating Author” on Lawrence M. Schoen‘s website today. This is huge for me because I’ve known Lawrence for ages, and have seen so many amazing writers on that space – including, quite recently, friend and fellow Guardbridge Books author Christopher Kastensmidt – that being there is one of those “wow, I can’t believe I’m there” moments. So if you were ever curious as to my most memorable meal, you can have a look!
Happy today because Fox Spirit has revealed the cover of the anthology American Monsters Part 1 – the latest installment in their award-winning series. Honored to share the ToC with a lot of friends–Fábio Fernandes, Christopher Kastensmidt, Cesar Alcázar–and to have gotten to work with the wonderful Margrét Helgadóttir, who edited the book. The cover is by Daniele Serra, who has done an amazing job with all of these.
My story “Time to Reflect” sold to Tell-Tale Press’ Winter anthology. This is a reprint sale, and I’ll let everyone know when it’s published!